Monday, May 5, 2014

SSR: One Direction Demographics

Most people think that the boy band One Direction only attracts 12 years old but you are completely wrong. I didn't even know this but they have a fan base of men and women over 50 years. About 46% of the fans are 35 years or older and then 15% of theses fan are over 55 years.



It amuses me too see that there are a lot of older people that enjoy listening to One Direction. I read that the older fans like listening to them because it reminds them when they were younger and they can relate. Hopefully people can now see that One Direction isn't just for teen girls. Everyone can listen to listen to them. Their music is really mature so I don’t see the problem of liking them.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This is kind of weird knowing that older people listen to them I thought it was only younger people like teenagers or younger. This is interesting how society has changed by older people listening to bands of this century. I had heard many older people say that our music now is all crazy. Also just wanting to let you know that you made a mistake on the last sentence where you wrote "Everyone can listen to listen to them."
    Berenice S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no clue about this! Im a One Direction fan too! :) They're so dreamy and great. C.D.

    ReplyDelete