Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Dear Blog Reader,
 Throughout this year I have been working on my blog that is about boy bands. Over the months each blog post has gotten better.

In the beginning of the year I first started off with the sources and short book reviews. The ones I am talking about is the book review “A Century of Pop” by Hugh Gregory and Billboard. They don’t have a lot of details and are both really short.  At that time I still wasn't really sure how to structure those reviews so they aren't as good. The last book response I did was One Directions “Where We Are: Our band, our story”. That one is one of my favorites because I worked really well on it. This blog post contains a lot of detail and I give a brief summary of what this book is about. Also this post was a lot longer than the last one and has a good paragraph structure.

Next what I was more focused on was writing reviews or SSR about boys bands. I would write how and when they started, their success and what they are planning for the future. The first one I did was of the Jackson 5. That one was a short post and tried to put as much detail with little words. I think the best review I did was on 5 Seconds of Summer. Even though that post is really long it contains a lot of detail and a lot of personal opinion. I talk about how much I like them and how I am going to see them soon. It is a three paragraph review and is structured nicely.

The blog assignments made me a stronger writer because it gave me the chance to write freely. For example, my One Direction post was the one where I first started to write more. Compared to the older post that one I added more sentences because I knew what I was talking about. Also other free writes are my poems and short stories. My short stories are literally really short and same with my Haiku. I tried making them really funny because that’s I had to put some of my personality into my posts.


Hopefully I will continue writing posts about boy bands. I found this very helpful because I get better at writing and presenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment